The BCR Street Scene Group is a group of local volunteers who work, together and separately, to
- report, remove and paint over graffiti on property and street furniture
- report ‘fly-tipping’, including residents’ overflowing waste bins, and trade waste violations
- sweep up leaves and trim back overgrowth from roads and pavements
- remove flyposting- and the glue!
- pick up litter and arrange community tidy ups
- provide posters to help with issues such as dog fouling
- work with both universities in regard to students living in the community
- try to prevent problems arising by commenting on planning applications
- report issues to help address them before they become problems
Find out how to report issues to Bristol City Council, the universities and police here
The Street Scene Group holds regular drop-in sessions, on the second Monday of every other month, at 4.30 to 6 pm at Bishopston Library, Gloucester Road, so come and talk to them there.
Drop-in sessions in November 2017,
January, March, May, July, September and November 2018
Monthly working parties, on the fourth Saturday of each month, are organised to blitz a particular area or problem.
The SSG committee meets regularly with BCC enforcement officers, councillors, University community liaison representatives and Bristol Waste Company to work out approaches to particular issues.
If you are interested in finding out more, please get in touch through the contact page.