The BCR Street Scene Group is a group of local volunteers who work, together and separately, to
- spot and report problems, such as overflowing waste bins, ‘fly-tipping’, graffiti tagging, pot-holes, roads that need sweeping. dog fouling, hedges that need cutting back etc
- pick up litter and arrange community tidy-ups
- get permission from building owners and remove and paint over graffiti on property and street furniture
- sweep up leaves and trim back overgrowth from roads and pavements
- remove fly-posting– and the glue!
- produce guidance eg posters and leaflets to help with issues such as waste management
- work with both universities and Bristol Waste to welcome students, and help them live as part of the community
- try to prevent problems arising by commenting on planning applications
Find out how to report issues
to Bristol City Council, Post office, telecoms companies, the universities and police here
See resources page for information and leaflets about Waste, students etc.
Find out more:
How to report: Join the Facebook Group: help with online reporting etc
In future, the street scene group will be holding monthly informal drop-in sessions at the Bishopston Library, 100a Gloucester Road, rather than the previous formal monthly meetings.
These will be on the 2nd Monday of each month so dates for 2019 will be:
January 14th, February 11th, March 11th, April 8th, May 13th, June 10th, July 8th, August 12th, September 9th, October 14th, November 11th, December 9th.
If you are interested in finding out more, please get in touch through firstname.lastname@example.org or come to a drop-in and have a chat.